Writ of Habeas Corpus

Writ of Habeas Corpus Attorney in Riverside, CA

What Is a Writ of Habeas Corpus in California?

A writ of habeas corpus is a court order to a warden or jailer to bring a prisoner to court. An attorney files a petition for a writ of habeas corpus on behalf of his client in prison. The purpose of the writ is to challenge a conviction often for reasons that might not be evident in the court record. These might be ineffective assistance of counsel, undue pressure to plead guilty, jury misconduct, prosecutor misconduct, newly discovered evidence or use of false evidence in trial. This procedure is intricate and many attorneys are unfamiliar with it.

If you are considering a writ, you are urged to contact Riverside writ of habeas corpus lawyers who can assist with an appeal and is accomplished in making these petitions. Call us at (951) 291-0105!

Experienced Representation Habeas Corpus Lawyers in California

At Law Offices of Grech & Packer, we provide experienced representation to clients seeking to file a petition for writ of habeas corpus. Attorney Grech is a veteran criminal defense attorney with more than 30 years of experience. He is among the few criminal defense attorneys in the state recognized as Certified Criminal Law Specialists. We are also rated by Martindale Hubbell national law directory as "AV" meaning preeminent in our field.

We have a proven record of success in filing petition for writs of habeas corpus. In addition to providing high quality services, we make it a point to provide individual care and respect to the clients we serve.

Writ of Habeas Corpus Procedure in California

We file a petition with the court ordering the warden of the prison to bring you to the hearing where we appear with you. The judge reviews the petition and if he or she considers that it has merit, orders the prosecutor to present a response. A later hearing is scheduled in which the grounds for the petition are fully considered and the court rules whether to grant your petition. Do not spend time in jail under a wrongful conviction. Contact us to discuss your case.

Contact a Writ of Habeas Corpus Attorney in California at (951) 291-0105 to seek relief from your criminal conviction.


Tell Us About Your Charge

Your Initial Consultation Is Complimentary
  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • Please enter your phone number.
    This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.