Riverside DUI Defense Attorney
Defense for Drunk Driving Charges in California
When you are facing a DUI charge, what you do immediately after your arrest will greatly affect the outcome of your case. Those who contact a skilled Riverside DUI lawyer from the Law Offices of Grech & Packer have the opportunity to defend their cases and fight to avoid the severe penalties they will face if convicted.
Our legal team has experience and know-how to bring to your case, as our lead attorneys are both certified by the state as Criminal Law Specialists. We are a highly rated defense team that takes on every case determined to protect the client and fight for them throughout every step of the process.
Cases Our Riverside DUI Lawyers Handle
There are a number of defense options that can be taken early in the case, and it is crucial that we are involved as soon after your arrest as possible. Do not attend any court hearings without our Riverside DUI attorney there to represent you and protect you.
Our Riverside DUI lawyers have extensive experience, thorough training, and a documented record of accomplishment in the field of criminal law, including all types of DUI cases, including:
- 10 Day Rule & DMV Hearings
- Breath & Blood Tests & Field Sobriety Tests
- DUI with Injury
- Felony DUI
- First Time DUI & Multiple DUI
- Illegal Checkpoints & Unlawful Police Stops
- Out of State DUI
- Underage DUI
- Vehicular Manslaughter
Penalties for DUI in California
If convicted of drunk driving, you could face a number of serious consequences, depending on prior convictions and the existence of any aggravating circumstances.
Conviction could lead to such penalties as:
- First DUI: Imprisonment in county jail for as long as 6 months, license suspension for 6 to 10 months, and fines of $390 to $1000
- Second DUI: Imprisonment in county jail for 96 hours to 2 years, license suspension for 2 years, and fines of $390 to $1000
- Third DUI: Imprisonment in county jail for 120 days to 1 year, license suspension for 3 years, and fines of $390 to $1000
- Felony DUI: Incarceration in a state prison for 16 months to 3 years, license suspension for 4 years, fines of $390 to $1000, DMV designation as a Habitual Traffic Offender (HTO)
- DUI with Injury (Misdemeanor): Imprisonment in county jail for 5 days to 1 year, license suspension for 1 to 3 years, fines of $390 to $5000
How Can a DUI Attorney Help Me?
A DUI (Driving Under the Influence) attorney can provide essential assistance if you are facing DUI charges. These charges can have serious legal and personal consequences, and a skilled DUI attorney can play a crucial role in your defense.
Here's how a DUI attorney can help you:
- Legal Expertise: DUI laws are complex and vary from state to state. A DUI attorney specializes in this area of law and understands the specific rules, regulations, and legal procedures relevant to DUI cases in your jurisdiction.
- Case Assessment: Your attorney will thoroughly review the details of your case, examining the circumstances of your arrest, the evidence against you, and the actions of law enforcement. This analysis can uncover potential weaknesses in the prosecution's case and lead to the suppression of evidence or the dismissal of charges.
- Customized Defense Strategy: Every DUI case is unique. A skilled attorney will develop a defense strategy tailored to your specific circumstances. Whether it involves challenging the validity of field sobriety tests, breathalyzer results, or the legality of the traffic stop, your attorney will chart the best course of action for your case.
- Protection of Rights: A DUI attorney ensures that your constitutional rights are protected throughout the legal process. They can advise you on your right to remain silent and your right to legal counsel, preventing self-incrimination and helping you make informed decisions.
- Negotiation Skills: Attorneys have the negotiation skills necessary to interact with the prosecution. They can negotiate with the prosecutor to potentially have charges reduced or secure more favorable outcomes, such as plea agreements or alternative sentencing options.
- Courtroom Representation: If your case goes to trial, an attorney will represent you effectively. They are skilled in presenting your defense, cross-examining witnesses, making legal arguments, and ensuring that your rights are protected throughout the trial.
- License Suspension: DUI convictions often result in the suspension of your driver's license. An attorney can help you navigate the administrative and legal processes to minimize the impact on your driving privileges.
- Mitigation and Sentencing: If you are convicted, your attorney can advocate for a fair and just sentence. They may present mitigating factors and character references that can influence the judge's sentencing decision.
- Legal Knowledge: DUI attorneys have an in-depth understanding of the science and technology behind DUI testing methods, allowing them to challenge the accuracy and reliability of tests such as breathalyzers or blood tests.
- Peace of Mind: Facing DUI charges is stressful. Having a DUI attorney by your side provides you with guidance, support, and reassurance during a challenging and uncertain time.
In summary, hiring a DUI attorney is essential to protect your rights, navigate the legal process, and achieve the best possible outcome for your case. They bring legal expertise, experience, and negotiation skills that can make a significant difference in the resolution of your DUI case.
Like many others charged with DUIs, you may possess no prior criminal record whatsoever. In the court's view, however, this may mean very little, and you may be subjected to penalties as severe as those levied against individuals with prior criminal histories. It is in your best interest to secure the services of a Riverside DUI attorney who can establish the facts of your case, and work towards a favorable result for you and your family.
- 3 Tricks Prosecutors Use to Secure A DUI Conviction
- How to Avoid 5 Common DUI Mistakes
- Can I Drive After A DUI Conviction?
In the event that you have been arrested and charged with drunk driving, contact our Riverside DUI defense attorneys immediately. We will review your case to build a strong defense against your charges. Call (951) 291-0105 or submit an online contact form today.
Frequently Asked Questions
Let us help answer questions regarding your case.View Our FAQ
Experience in Legal Strategies
Dedicated to delivering incredible results.Why Hire an Attorney
Put a Specialist on Your Side
Offers the highest standard of legal knowledge and insight.What is Board Certified
Experience combined with passion.Meet Our Team