Riverside Drug Crimes Attorney
Defending Against Drug Crime Charges in Riverside County
Law enforcement and prosecutors in our state treat drug crimes extremely harshly. Even if it is only your first offense, you are still susceptible to being arrested for a drug crime and possibly facing jail or prison time. Even those with marijuana prescriptions can be arrested if a law enforcement officer deems that the law has been broken by them in some way.
With your freedom and the health of your personal and professional life at stake, it is important that you hire a Riverside drug crimes attorney from the Law Offices of Grech & Packer to represent you in your drug case, regardless of whether it is a misdemeanor or felony.
Have you been accused of a drug crime? Call the Law Offices of Grech & Packer today at (951) 291-0105 or contact us online to schedule a consultation with our drug crimes lawyer in Riverside.
Types Of Drug Crimes in California
Being charged with a drug crime is a serious legal problem in our state, and the consequences of being convicted can later affect every aspect of your life after your punishment has been served. At Grech & Packer, our Riverside drug crime lawyers provide high-quality, aggressive legal services to individuals who have been charged with criminal offenses, including those involving drugs.
The list of drug crimes in our state is long and includes many separate offenses, some of them more serious than others. A few of the primary offenses include:
- Drug possession
- Drug possession with intent to sell or distribute
- Drug transportation
- Drug cultivation (as in marijuana)
- Drug manufacturing (as in crystal meth)
- Drug trafficking
- Drug Smuggling
- Drug Distribution
- Prescription Fraud
- Driving Under the Influence of Drugs
What are the Penalties For Drug Crimes in California?
Because of the severe attitude most law enforcement officers, prosecutors, and judges take in regard to drug crimes offenders, penalties resulting from a guilty conviction can be exceedingly harsh. While some drug crimes, such as possession, are considered misdemeanor offenses, other more serious crimes, such as trafficking or manufacturing, are felony offenses with much steeper penalties.
- First-time misdemeanor offenders are usually served with a light fine, mandatory probation, or community service.
- Felony conviction, on the other hand, could result in high monetary fines, license restrictions, and serious jail time. Even though misdemeanor penalties seem slight in comparison to those of felony charges, even a slight misdemeanor conviction will bring with it a criminal record that may make finding a good job, a quality house, or receiving a bank loan exceedingly difficult.
Why Do I Need to Hire a Riverside Drug Crime Defense Attorney?
Prosecutors vigorously pursue potential drug crimes offenders, and judges are never very lenient when it comes to making a verdict. This unforgiving attitude towards drug-related offenses makes it all too apparent that without a proper drug crimes defense attorney, you will receive harsh, if not the full penalties possible, should you be convicted. Hiring a skilled Riverside drug crime lawyer with a deep knowledge of the laws and circumstances surrounding drug offense cases will greatly increase your chances of receiving a favorable ruling.
Contact our drug crimes attorney in Riverside today at the Law Offices of Grech & Packer!
Defenses Against Drug Crime Charges
There are several possible legal defenses that can be used in a drug crime case in California. These can include the following:
- Lack of knowledge: The defendant was unaware that the substance in their possession was considered a controlled substance.
- Illegal search and seizure: When law enforcement officers obtain evidence through illegal searches and seizures, that evidence may not be admissible in court. Charges can be dismissed as a result.
- Entrapment: The defendant may have a defense of entrapment if they were coerced into committing the crime by law enforcement.
- Prescription: In some cases, a defendant may have a defense if they have a valid prescription for the substance they are in possession of.
- Medical use: Under California's medical marijuana laws, the defendant may have a defense if they were using marijuana to treat a medical condition.
- Insufficient evidence: If the prosecution cannot prove the defendant executed the crime beyond a reasonable doubt, the charges could be dismissed.
It's important to note that the viability of these defenses will depend on each case's specific circumstances, and consulting with a qualified drug crimes lawyer at the Law Offices of Grech & Packer is the best way to determine the most suitable defense strategy.
Contact Our Riverside Drug Crimes Lawyer Today
It is very much to your benefit to seek the aid of a Riverside drug crime attorney if you have been charged with the above crimes or a similar crime. We stand by our clients throughout every step of their legal proceedings and work on their behalf towards solutions that involve their charges dropped, or at the very least, substantially reduced.
Our Riverside drug crime attorneys are available to provide you with representation in your drug crime case, and we will do our utmost to seek a resolution that is highly advantageous to you. Your future is too important to face these charges without the guidance and expertise of a qualified Riverside drug crimes defense attorney. We've secured positive results against even the most serious charges - See Case Results
Contact Law Offices of Grech & Packer today to get started on your defense with our drug crimes lawyer in Riverside.
Unparalleled Experience. Incredible Results.
Frequently Asked Questions
Let us help answer questions regarding your case.View Our FAQ
Get Started Now
Law Offices of Grech & Packer provide sound legal counsel to those in Riverside and the surrounding areas.Schedule Your Consultation
Experience in Legal Strategies
Dedicated to delivering incredible results.Why Hire an Attorney
Put a Specialist on Your Side
Offers the highest standard of legal knowledge and insight.What is Board Certified