When You Need the Best Legal Team
Sex Crimes FAQ Dedicated to Delivering Incredible Results

Frequently Asked Questions on Sex Crime Charges

Sex Crime Attorney in Riverside

Is a sex crime a misdemeanor or a felony?
Some sex crimes are felonies, while others are considered misdemeanors. Many sex crimes are considered "wobblers" in California. This means the crime may be charged as either a misdemeanor or felony, at the discretion of the prosecution or court. Factors considered are the severity of the crime, any injuries inflicted, the age of the victim or victims, and the length of time during which repeated crimes were committed.

What are the penalties for a sex crime?
The penalties for sex crimes vary depending on the crime and the ruling of the court. It is important to note, however, that penalties for sex crimes are generally very harsh. Jail or prison time can result, including life imprisonment. What is worse, a person may have to register on a state or national sex offender registry if convicted. Certain California laws prohibit a judge from showing leniency in some circumstances.

When should I contact a lawyer?
If you have been or may be charged with a sex crime, it is imperative that you contact a Riverside sex crime attorney immediately. Even if you have not yet been charged but are under investigation or are suspected of a sex crime, it is vital you waste no time in obtaining legal representation. A lawyer can help to make sure your rights are protected and may be able to prevent the filing of false charges altogether. If charges have already been filed, you will need competent legal representation.

Are those convicted of "minor" sex crimes still required to register as a sex offender?
Convictions for most sex crimes require lifetime registration as a sex offender, even if some of those crimes may be considered "minor". The help that Grech & Packer can offer is invaluable in attempting to prevent such a grave consequence.

Does a convicted juvenile have to register as a sex offender?
Convicted minors are required to register for certain offenses. If the charges were addressed in a juvenile court, the registrant cannot be publicly disclosed on the official website listing sex offenders. Local law enforcement agencies may still choose to notify the public of these offenders if they deem that there is sufficient risk to do so.

Contact a Riverside sex crime attorney for help understanding your rights and options if you have been accused of a sex crime.

Recent Victories

Where Tough Cases Are Won
  • $500,000 in Workers Compensation Fraud No Jail Time
  • Identity Theft, Insurance Fraud and Theft Not Guilty
  • Murder Acquitted of 1st & 2nd Degree Murder
  • Police Canine Bite $300,000 Settlement
  • Rape Acquitted of All Charges
  • Rape Acquitted of All Charges
  • Sexual Battery Case Dismissed
  • Unarmed Client Shot by Police $1,100,000 Settlement
  • $43 Million Embezzlement Case Probation
  • Appeals Case - Murder Client Released From Prison
  • Attempted Murder Not Guilty
  • Attempted Murder Acquitted of All Charges
  • Attempted Murder Acquitted of All Charges
  • Domestic Violence No Jail Time
  • Drug Distribution Life Sentence Reversed

Great Defense Starts with Experience

We Will Do Whatever We Can to Protect Your Freedom
  • Over 50 Years of Shared Experience
  • Former Deputy District Attorney
  • Certified Specialist in Criminal Law
  • More than 150 Jury Trials Handled with Exceptional Results
  • Selected for Inclusion in Southern California Super Lawyers
  • Attorney Paul Grech Inducted into the International Academy of Trial Lawyers
Unwavering Advocacy In and Out of the Courtroom

Hear Our Clients' Stories

    Paul is arguably one of the best!

    “There are excellent attorneys in the Riverside area, but Paul is arguably one of the best. His team did a fantastic job for our family; they went above and beyond a transactional financial client-attorney relationship.”

    - Christopher
    I have been able to resolve the matter and put it behind me.

    “I was extremely pleased with the way Mr. Grech handled my case, his professionalism, courtesy, knowledge, and ability to resolve the matter in the most favorable way.”

    - Keith W.
    Definitely 5 stars!

    “I would definitely recommend Trent Packer very good lawyer I did not have to stress one bit he made sure I was updated on everything stood by my side the whole case definitely 5 stars!”

    - Rudy
    He was upfront and gave us information based on his experiences.

    “Trent could have easily sold us on a pretty picture, but he didn't. Instead, he was upfront and gave us information based on his experiences. Thank you Trent for walking us through a difficult period, we will always be grateful.”

    - Robbie
    Mr. Packer has always been insightful in providing me with reliable legal advice.

    “In the times I have consulted Mr. Packer, he has always been insightful in providing me with reliable legal advice. He always knows what he's talking about, and can point out possible defensed in any case.”

    - Nathan

Tell Us About Your Charge

Your Initial Consultation is Complimentary
  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • Please enter your phone number.
    This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.